Feels Like Crap Syndrome (FLC) is when you feel tired and achy, or have tummy trouble or trouble sleeping, or maybe you’re gaining weight for no reason. So you go to your doctor. Your doctor examines you, maybe runs some blood work, and basically tells you that your fine.
But you feel like crap and you KNOW you can be better.
You may have FLC if you have any of these symptoms:
- Bloating and fluid retention
- Constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, or reflux
- Congestion, allergies, asthma, sinus issues
- Brain fog
- Depression, anxiety, trouble focusing
- Weight gain or trouble losing weight
- Bad skin—acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Joint or muscle pain or aching
- Autoimmune problems
The Wellness Place Gets to the Root Cause of FLC
I work as sort of a health detective and look at the underlying reasons that might be holding you back from feeling your best. If you’re struggling with FLC, things like your diet, hormonal balance, exercise routine, the amount of mental stressors in your life, and your genetics are all relevant factors to consider.
The Eight Pillars of Kissing FLC Goodby:
- Balancing Blood Sugar: You don’t have to be diagnosed with diabetes or hypoglycemia to have blood sugar imbalances affecting your health. Blood sugar dysregulation – the inability to keep blood sugar within an optimal range, not too high or too low – can have serious impacts on health!
- Optimizing Vitamin and Mineral Status: Without adequate fuel to run the brain and body, vibrant health will be out of reach. Everyone’s has unique individual nutritional requirements based on their age, sex, lifestyle, genetics and health history.
- Identifying Possible Food Intolerances: Chronic, smoldering inflammation from hidden food intolerances can have a devastating effect on health, even without obvious digestive problems.
- Supporting Healthy GI Function: About 60-80 percent of your immune system resides in your gut. Digestive problems wreak havoc over your entire body leading to allergies, arthritis, autoimmune disease, rashes, acne, chronic fatigue, mood problems, brain fog and more.
- Balancing Hormonal Function: Hormone imbalances are epidemic these days. When talking about hormones, think of a symphony. All our hormones interact – thyroid, sex hormones, stress hormones – so when one gets out of whack, others quickly follow.
- Optimizing Sleep: The research is clear: Lack of sleep, or even poor-quality sleep damages your metabolism, affects brain function and increases the risk of numerous conditions from diabetes to autoimmune disease.
- Supporting Detoxification and Methylation: Toxicity or toxic overload can be caused by exposure to environmental toxins, or it can be caused by an impaired detoxification capacity. Our ability to properly detoxify can be impaired by nutritional deficiencies, lifestyle or genetics – most likely, it’s a combination of all three.
- Identifying Hidden Infections: Parasites, bacteria, viruses, yeast and fungi can cause a wide range of symptoms that can result in FLC.
Help for Feels Like Crap
FLC is not a medical diagnosis, but if you suffer from FLC, you know it’s a real problem.
FLC is my specialty. I work with my patients to find the root cause(s) of their complaints and then use natural methods to support the innate wisdom of your body to heal and repair: functional nutrition, acupuncture & herbal medicine, epigenetic coaching.
The Wellness Place’s approach provides a clear road map for your way to optimal health.