Functional Medicine is considerably different from the conventional medical model you may be accustomed to. Please read the following information thoroughly to better understand what you’ll experience.
As a new patient, your treatment is broken into three steps:
1. Register through the patient portal and fill out new patient forms
Health Evaluation Forms
Health evaluation forms are available online through the patient portal. Please devote ample time to completing the forms. They are vital in helping me understand your condition.
This paperwork includes:
- A detailed health and medical history questionnaire
- A survey of your chief complaints and most important health goals
- An assessment of your most troubling and frequently experienced symptoms
- A diet survey and questionnaire
- A survey of your current supplements and medications
- You are encouraged to upload any lab work that you have had done within the past 12 months through the portal so that I can review these in preparation for our initial evaluation
2. Two-Phase Case Review
The Case Review is required for all new patients. The Case Review process will save you time and money in the long run by identifying the root cause of your condition.
Instead of using the trial and error process, I gather all the information I need up front. Discovering patterns before taking action is the key to developing an effective health solution.
The Case Review enables us to more accurately estimate how long your treatment program will last, what it will include and how much it will cost. It gives you the chance to ask any questions you may have about your condition and what you should expect.
- Initial Consult (in person or by FaceTime/Skype): This is where we have the opportunity to discuss your health concerns in depth. We will take into consideraion:
- Health Evaluation Forms (online through the patient portal)
- Diet and Lifestyle Review
- Body Systems Assessment
- Any further testing that may be relevant to your case
- Report of Findings with Wellness Plan
- In-person Consultation to review results
- Create a sustainable program for nutrition, supplements and lifestyle changes
- Recommendations for further testing if necessary.
3. Ongoing Care
Each phase is described in more detail in the links above. A fee schedule care be found here.