Did you know that your skin is actually your largest organ of elimination? Your skin can reflect our diet and lifestyle choices: it’s the mirror to internal health.
The skin acts as a supplemental filter to the kidneys for removing wastes from the blood. It is the largest organ of elimination. When the other organs are congested the skin tries to push out toxins through the skin. The skin throws off about two pounds of toxic waste each. Taking care of the skin and ensuring that it functions well helps to relieve the other organs of elimination.
Acne, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, and dark circles under the eyes are all signs the body is toxic. The appearance of the skin is a good barometer of the general health of the body. A fresh glowing complexion cannot be imitated by make-up! Using conventional anti-aging and acne treatments only serve to clog the pores or attempt to close these portholes waste elimination.
Ironically, skin care products commonly contain toxic ingredients known to cause hormonal disruption, allergic reactions and cancer! These stressors also set the stage for conditions such and eczema, psoriasis, thyroid disease, and other autoimmune disease. It’s no wonder the incidence of autoimmune disease is growing at an alarming rate!
On average, American Women use 12 personal care products a day, and men an average of 6 products daily. Overall, an adult is likely to be exposed to 126 potentially toxic chemicals in personal care products alone – every single day!
Frightening, since personal care products and cosmetics are the least regulated products under the Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA). And while the European union bans more than 1,400 chemicals from personal care products, the US only bans a pitiful 10 ingredients.
And whatever you put on your skin – good and bad – is absorbed in 26 seconds!
Avoid the trap of ‘topical junk food’! Join The Wellness Place for a complimentary event to discuss:
- Skin care myths debunked: Why have you been told to exfoliate off skin’s protective layer only to have to slather on a chemical cocktail to protect it?
- Why the pH is your skin is SO important: Here’s a clue – just like your digestive system, healthy skin has beneficial probiotics!
- Understand the dangers of toxic chemicals lurking in your skincare products: What are parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate and dimethecone, anyway?
- Acne: Why its not just kid stuff
- Learn practical steps to nourish and improve not only the look of your skin, but your overall health as well!
Tuesday July 14th 2015
from 7:00pm to 8:30pm
RSVP to 512.698.1965 or [email protected]